Friday (Feb 28th) saw the final day of my first completed Project 365. P365 is a photo a day for a year. Sounds simple, and it’s something I’d actually attempted to do a few times previously, but my god is it difficult.
My previous attacks at doing it always faltered after a couple of weeks, then I’d forget a couple of days and suddenly BAM! its 6 months and I’ve forgotten it. But not this time.
Let me just preface, this is a bit of teeny tiny humblebragging – I am So. Damn. Proud.
So because there are 365 photos to share, I figured I’d do separate posts and split it down – so there are 3 months at a time.
Here are some facts, who doesn’t like facts…
- There are a fair few selfies. Sorrynotsorry.
- There’s not a whole load of pattern, consistency, rhyme or reason to the photos taken – basically like me – I very little pattern, consistency, rhyme or reason.. yeah..
These photos chronicle my life for a year, which has had ups and downs, and snaps include…
- Food. A lot of food. The naughty food crops up more often than the healthy food – let’s be fair, these things photograph nicely. But rest assured I ate plenty of veg in between the junk
- Booze. It was a summer fuelled by Pimms, I’m surprised it doesn’t feature more
- Boyfriends, break ups, sad days, good dates, bad dates, and mistakes I’ve made
- Mundane life – sometimes a photo of a streetlight, at 11.59pm when I haven’t taken a photo of anything else that, seems like a good idea
- Travel – one of the best things about the past year, starting with the kickstarted my 365, Lisbon, Newcastle, Devon, Warsaw, Berlin, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Jersey, Cannes and Manchester(!)
- Health, weight gain, weight loss, an indulgent summer followed by an autumn of mistakes followed by a winter of hibernating
- Happy days – seeing my parents, my best friends, feeling safe
Images are clickable and make a nice little slideshow, thanks for that one WP
So hey, here’s March 2013…
March started with a trip to Lisbon, saw some flowers bloom, legs bared (…then the snow came), and Easter, which involved a visit home to my parents and egg painting/dying.
April saw more sunshine, the London Marathon, ice cream, more flowers and going to the gym a lot.
May was a mellow month with some good cocktails, a trip to Devon, pancakes, cameras and seeing The Book of Mormon.
My next 365 has already started, with a trip to Birmingham yesterday, which deserves its own blog post really.